Libra Office is free and powerful open source office suite.Its native file format is an open standard format that is being adopted by governments worldwide as a required file format for publishing and accepting document. Libra Office includes the components like write, calc, impress, draw, base, math.
Advantages of Libra Office :
- Open Source
- Extensive language support
- Components are well integrated with one another
- Consistent user interface
- File compatibility
- No payment fee for license
Highlights of Libra Office 5.4 :
- File compatibility has been improved with support for EMF vector images.
- A new color palatte has been included.
- LibraOffice supports OpenPGP keys in signing ODF documents on LINUX.
- Imported PDF files are rendered with much better quality, also when inserted into a document, while exported PDF files – from Writer and Impress – support embedded videos.
- In write, it has provided to import Auto Text from Microsoft word DOTM templates.
- The full structure of exporting or pasting numbered and bullet lists as plaintext is preserved.
- You can create a custom watermarks for your document in format menu.
- New context menu items has been added.
- Calc now includes support of pivot charts, which uses the data from pivot tables.
- Comments are easy to manage with the help of commands to show,hide,delete.
- You can now easily change the priority of the rules while applying conditional formatting to cells.
- Extra sheet protection options has been added.
- When you are duplicating any object,now you can specify the fractional angles.
- LibraOffice online has improved as well, performance is better.It added read-only mode.